Tuesday, November 10, 2009

No hands

Hi Mom,

This is a picture of Biz and her baby, Dean. She also has a little girl, Ani. They live in St. Louise but were in town visiting her in-laws, so after three years of phone updates, we finally got to catch up.

My first memory of Biz is her teaching me to ride a bike, no hands, in front of our old house on Edinborough. I remember how easy she made it look, how my bike wobbled when I tried it. Oddly enough, her first memory of me is my insisting I wear my bike helmet even though it made me look dorky. I don't remember being an especially careful child, but there you have it.

So we're sitting in the living room, talking, her daughter coloring and her son trying to jam a tupperware tub in his mouth. "Mommmyy" comes the scream from the crayon-covered table. "Mommyyy." Biz looks at me with a grin. "That's me, I'm Mommy."

I must be getting old.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    I think it's great that you and Biz have managed to stay in touch all these years. And it sounds like you have some great memories of time you spent together. Nah, you're not getting old. You have your whole life in front of you. That's sweet.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete