Thursday, February 4, 2010

High utility

Hi Mom,

So this is a picture of the front counter at Think Coffee, where they have plugs and free Wi-Fi. When picking coffee venues for long afternoons to do work and write to you, I have to keep multiple factors in mind. First off, what kind of plugs do they have available--Barnes and Noble took all of theirs out, for example--and secondly, if their Wi-Fi is spotty or reliable. I also have to take into consideration if their snack food will be up to snuff, and what my odds of getting a seat might be.

The spots here are very coveted, such that if you're sitting by yourself, you're sure to have made a new friend by the end. And you sit right across from each other, ignore each other, and do your own thing. Well, that's not entirely true. Sometimes you actually get to talking, and that's always exciting in its own right. They also have excellent chocolate chip cookies.

I've written many an entry with my computer balanced on my knee here while I wait for a spot. Today I'm lucky--I found a chair!

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. It seems like there is ALOT of competition in New York for selling coffee...Think Coffee, Starbucks, and now Tim Horton's. Maybe that's why nobody sleeps in New York.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete