Thursday, February 25, 2010

On the platform

Hi Mom,

Look at the fabulous opportunity the subway platform provides for artsy photo-taking experiments! Not a rare sight these days, me on the platform en route to something or another. But this weekend there is no subway service out to where I live. They're doing repairs, so we're being tossed into the great shuttle bus adventure. Buses replace trains, the signs tell me, between where I live and well, anything I'm trying to access.

On the bright side, you get to see all the exciting stuff that happens above ground. On the other hand, less snack huts, less people-watching, and more snow slowdowns. But who am I to complain, I guess--I live in a city with 24-7 transportation.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. It definitely beats driving, especially on snowy days like today.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete