Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Snow sticks

Hi Mom,

The streets are still covered in snow. People are braving the weather and snowmen are out in full force. I stopped by Central Park to see their handiwork and watch people sled. More people are on foot than on the roads though, it seems. I think they could use a few more salt trucks out here...

Brooklyn got a lot more snow than Manhattan did, and much like back home, they actually need the roads to be plowed. Wonder how long it'll last.

A friend of mine called this morning to ask if I knew how to shovel a sidewalk. Of course, I do, but this is one of those times when you don't want to be too quick to volunteer your expertise...

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. That looks beautiful, Karen. The funny thing is, that it's New York, and I don't see a soul outside...not even a snowman.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete