Saturday, October 17, 2009

Charlie

Hi Mom,

This is Charlie. She was at the Brooklyn flea market today in the cold, telling fortunes for a quarter. She was quick to explain that she sells bracelets as well. Good marketing, but I only had a quarter, and a borrowed one at that. 

You ask her any question and she gives you a fortune in a clear plastic ball, which has either "yes" or "no" written on it. I asked if one day I'd have a fabulous career doing exactly what I loved for lots of money. She said yes. Good enough for me. 

Bonus: hot chocolate, chili and cupcakes were on sale at the market, too. I may have sampled some or all of the above. Except for the bacon-flavored cupcakes. They sounded strange. 

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Great fortune, Karen! And I hope it all comes true.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete