Wednesday, October 28, 2009

To know how to sew

Hi Mom,

I'm getting pretty crafty these days. Today I was down in the garment district--that's where all the designers go to get bolts of shiny fabric to line their runway dresses. There are stores that just sell fasteners, stores that only sell trimming, one or two that promise to teach even people like me how to sew. I tried to Google them; apparently it's more of a find-as-you-stroll kind of thing.

I mostly like the giant bolts. They lean against the walls in store after store and I wonder how hard it would actually be to make something wearable out of them. The people making purchases seem pretty confident, but I'm not so sure. I may be better off just going to H&M.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Karen,

    Sometimes you can get great fabric to line a bulletin board. That's what I did at school. They have some really fun ones too! What a great way to spend some time!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete