Tuesday, October 6, 2009

In the white dress

Hi Mom,

The lady in the white dress is standing randomly on 21st street behind a building, her lips pursed and then pouty. She turns away from the handsome 50's-style guy standing next to her. "I don't want anything to do with you," she mouths dramatically. Ten cameras flash. They thank him very much and he continues on his way down the street.

It's lunchtime and they are doing some kind of dress shoot. I know this because I ask them, and they look offended that I've asked, which is strange because I waited until they were done shooting. Or at least, on a break. I think I overheard them saying it was for Vogue. Anything's possible around here.

I wonder how they picked this street in particular. Looks just like most of the others in the area. Especially from the loading dock side. That's today's New York moment.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    The 50's style guy was probably asking her if she wanted to follow Whole Foods on Facebook!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete