Saturday, October 31, 2009

Pets in costume

Hi Mom,

So in New York, people go beyond getting their kids dressed up for Halloween. They dress their pets.

Some of the costumes for pets are more elaborate than what I'm planning on wearing. This dog is dressed like a lobster. I saw another dog in a workout suit. And a third in a tutu.

Time to go figure out my costume. I used to think I was too old to participate in this great American tradition (lifted from the pagans, who at some point had some rather unmonotheistic-sounding ceremonies), but then I realized that here--not that you need a reason to wear something strange in the streets of New York City--it was just an excuse to wear something silly.

Love,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. lol! What did you finally decide on?

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm personally a big fan of followkaren blog. Thanks for sharing this post.
    clipping path
    clipping path service

    ReplyDelete