Sunday, October 4, 2009

Follow them where?

Hi Mom,

These days, everyone is on Twitter, Facebook, you name it. And they want me to follow them. From the treats truck (I get it, it's mobile) to the Scrabble Club, they want to let me know they'll be there for me whenever I want them to be. The rest of the time, too.

But when WHOLE FOODS wants me to be its friend, well, there I might just have to draw the line. Unless they're planning on keeping me up to date on their line, like the nice people at Shake Shack, I'm not sure what being "friends" with my overpriced neighborhood grocery store will do for me. It has a few tastings here and there, maybe they're getting into more events and want to let me know when they are, but in general, I go there to buy produce, when I go there at all.

The chalkboard was cute, I just don't know how up-to-the-minute on my groceries I need to be.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment