Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Barnsie the bear

Hi Mom,

Now they really sell it all. Went to Barnes & Noble for a book I wanted to read. Stopped by their CD section, greeting cards, cafe and references shelves before stumbling upon Barnsie the bear.

Now, I understand people wanting New York bears--stuffed Statue of Liberty bears, Build-A-Bears in Yankee costumes, but "Barnsie?" I don't really go to Barnes & Noble for their signature stuffed.

Apparently he has been around for a while. I found him in a green cable knit sweater back from 2007 and in a gift bag, seemingly still available, online.

So there you have it, the story of Barnsie. When it comes to my giant bookstore, I'm still much more excited about the fact that they now have free Wi-Fi.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    That Barnsie bear doesn't look particularly happy. They should improve the working conditions for their poor bears, and maybe they would increase their sales.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete