Friday, December 18, 2009

Onigiri


Hi Mom,

When my favorite place to get onigiri closed, I was sure my habit of paying $2.50 for rice wrapped in seaweed had been broken.

Not so, said the store I found just the other day. ALL they sell is onigiri! I stepped up to the glass counter and peered in at my options. Whoa. And suddenly I knew that my exploration of this most fabulous food had just only begun.

It's Andy's fault, really. I had onigiri for the first time when I visited him in Tokyo way back in college. Ever since, I've scoured the city in search of these strange, salty treats.

So you can imagine my surprise and great good fortune at finding myself here, with options galore and tasty pieces I've never tried.

Let's see, which one to try first...

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment