Saturday, December 5, 2009

My Umbrella

Hi Mom,

Actually, it wasn't my umbrella at all. I had borrowed it from a friend. It was huge, this umbrella, and multiple colors, kept the rain off. It did everything you'd want an umbrella to do and then some. And then tragedy struck.

I went in to a restaurant, and they asked me to put the umbrella in the front, near the door. Now, knowing what a cool umbrella it was, I tried to argue. However, they were adamant in their requests that I leave it as opposed to taking it to the table.

I coerced a hostess into watching it for me, promising upon her first born child that she'd let me know if it moved.

After dinner, I went to get said umbrella, and to my chagrin, and nobody in New York's great surprise, it was gone. The whole way home I lamented my loss. And looked to see if anyone was carrying a suspiciously familiar-looking umbrella.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. That must have been SO disappointing and frustrating, Karen.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete