Friday, December 4, 2009

My money, please

Hi Mom,

I almost switched banks today. After trips to five branches and multiple conversations with wherever their call center is based, I still couldn't use my ATM card. It had been almost a week--a week since I first told my friends I would take their cash and put the whole thing on my card, a week since I'd been able to walk up to a wall and get money from it.

Did I mention that on some blocks there are two Chase locations, one on the near end and one on the far? And the service is really spotty.

Three times I was told it couldn't be done, that there was no problem, that I had to call/go to another branch, that it was fixed. Each time I'd run up to the wall, put my card in, and get a message that my request had been denied.

I told them what I thought the problem was, they assured me no such problem had transpired. I was going to a cash-only restaurant the last time I tried it, when I decided that if it didn't work, I'd change banks...

The guy on the other end helped me figure it out, finally, but from now on I'm keeping my money under my bed.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment