Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Hot chocolate

Hi Mom,

At City Bakery the hot chocolate cups are about as tall as shot glasses. At first glance you'd think, well, they're just trying to stiff me the hot chocolate and save themselves some money. Then you take the first sip and almost double over from the intensity.

I don't know how they make it. They keep it in a vat they seem to stir intermittently. If you sit at the top of the stairs on the tall stools and look over the railing, you can see them ladling it out. It's thick like syrup. I've never made it through a small cup; they also carry regular sizes. I'd never dare to order one.

Instead, I'm happy to take small sips and debate if it'll be a pretzel croissant or the world's largest, most buttery chocolate chip cookie for snack. Oh, choices.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. A perfect snack for these chilly fall days. Mmm.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete