Tuesday, September 22, 2009

At the theater

Hi Mom,

Graceful is not my thing. I took dance, as you recall, for a brief moment, inspiring audiences near and far with my interpretation of "Pretty Little Angel Eyes." That was the start and end of my illustrious career.

Luckily, the performers in Fall for Dance have been doing it way longer and are way better at it. I got tickets to the sold out event from a friend--most people stood in line for hours to attend--and found myself on the main floor, orchestra seating not even all the way back.

From the ballet to the tap dancing all the way through the lounge that sold $2 wine, it was quite an event. It was the opening night to boot, so I got to hear the speeches, the welcomes, and a partial history of Capezio shoes, which in some way seemed to be a sponsor.

Fun things to do in New York City.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    I'm glad you had fun. And by the way, I thought you were great in "Pretty Little Angel Eyes!"

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete