Sunday, September 27, 2009

Pickled

Hi Mom,

You are looking at a platter full of tongue/beet skewers. Beautifully presented, but tongue/beet skewers all the same. Third Ward, which hosts artsy events and cheap beer nights at its location out in the middle of Brooklyn, had a Last Supper event. Can't tell you why it was called that, but we donated money to get in and then got to eat some art. They also had spoken word and short films.

I ate gingerbread walls off of miniature hi-rise buildings and sampled kale made by volunteers. They grilled corn out back and apples in a basket appeared from nowhere.

I think people come from far and wide to attend these parties, though I simultaneously get the feeling a lot of attendees are from the nearby up-and-coming areas. Reconfirmed: I'd make a lousy hipster. I do, however, really like their events. Last one I went to was a Bluegrass festival on their patio. Reminded me of when I was a country fiddler back in the music camp days. I still can't believe I memorized all those songs!

Night was great. Tasted, listened, watched and then went home.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Definitely a good idea to go for the gingerbread walls instead of the tongue and beets....

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete