Friday, September 25, 2009

Cheers to that!

Hi Mom,

Remember these earrings you like, the ones that dangle that we bought together at the street fair? Well last night at a bar, a fine young man turned to me and said by way of greeting, "Hi, I like the way your earrings flow into your hair."

I hadn't thought about it before. I guess they probably do flow into my hair pretty nicely. Flattering AND original, I thought from my barstool. That got an A+ for creativity in my book, though I didn't wind up giving him my number. He was a writer, a poet and a scholar of some sort who lived vaguely in the area. I drank a Blue Moon, a lovely Belgian beer if you haven't tried it.

The bartender was from Ireland, the owner from Texas, and me from Michigan. The fun fact of the evening--apparently in Ireland, the bartenders are Asian. Go figure.

Happy Friday, Mom.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. lol! What a GREAT line! And to think that we inspired it.... Thanks for the great entry. Happy Friday.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete