Sunday, September 13, 2009

Too much noise

Hi Mom,

Remember the kids' book where the guy has a creaky floor, then is told to get all kinds of animals, which in turn leads to him learning to appreciate that after all, it's just a creak?

I'm thinking of getting a goat, some chickens, a pig and a few horses to drown out the construction going on outside my window. The people behind me seem to be constructing some kind of rooftop patio. That gets an A+ in my book for neighborhood beautification, but a C- for early morning hammering. 

It's just two guys, two very dedicated workers to be constructing away at 8 in the morning. 

I'm sure it'll look great when it's done. I hope they let me invite myself over, as I'll have been so much a part of the process--or rather, enjoyed its symphony for weeks at that point. 

There goes the electric saw again. 

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Yes, Too Much Noise is a real classic. I still think of it many times!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete