Saturday, September 26, 2009

Barbara sings here

Hi Mom,

I had never heard of the Village Vanguard, but apparently I'm about the only one in New York who hasn't.

I had stumbled upon a very excitable crowd. Apparently Barbara Streisand was performing a private, one night only concert inside. I hadn't realized she was still so popular. Or ever so popular.

Polling the crowd, I discovered that indeed, she wasn't. Rather, a bunch of famous people had showed up to see her perform. Hence, the group gathered outside was a mish mash of fans of hers and fans of her fans. Get it? It took me a minute.

I didn't stick around, but there were cameras and limos and lights and professional looking badges; the works. Next time someone famous comes to town, I'll have to figure out how to get tickets ahead of time.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Yeah, it would be pretty awesome to see her live. She has had quite an amazing career. I guess she is promoting a new CD.

    Such great things can happen in New York.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete