Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Tag, you're it

Hi Mom,

So I'm back at work today, getting ready to get into the swing of things for fall. I'm all dressed up for a conference: notebook, pen, heels, the works. I drop by my desk to pick up my business cards and I hear "hey, hey, look at your jacket." There are snickers. This is not good.

I grabbed it on the way out the door this morning. I thought it had the right almost-fall look to it. I wondered why I didn't wear it more often. I quickly ran through the list of possibilities--I spilled coffee on it, somehow splotched deodorant/toothpaste/cheerios and milk on it, brushed past a powdered donut stand on my dash through the subway station...

The security tag. I've been foiled again. It's hanging off the right pocket of my suit. I paid a pretty penny for this outfit. And now I'm going to the conference in my tank top.

It's a Wednesday, feels like Monday. How do I get this thing off without them thinking I lifted it?

I'm sure the receipt has already gone through the wash. More than once.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. How totally frustrating! I would imagine that you would have to have someone at the store remove it.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete