Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Feels like Monday

Hi Mom,

It's Tuesday, feels like Monday; luckily there are only three days left until the weekend. Saw this license plate yesterday--usually I think license plates that spell out words are a waste of money, but this one seemed somehow appropriate. People are so witty. Why not put it on the plate? Apparently lots of people do.

It was on a red car to boot. I used to drive a red Grand Prix. It was a great car, save for the fact it was a cop magnet. They aren't kidding about that last bit, though I, as a responsible driver, didn't wind up with that many tickets...

Around here I mostly walk past the cars. Just as well, given how many of them there are and how frustrating (see my earlier post) it can be to try and get somewhere in one. Not to mention parking. But that's another story altogether.

I'm debating getting a bike or roller blades to get around faster. They also mean traveling in an environment that smells better than the subway. Especially in the summer.

Remember when Ben and I used to ride bikes with his dad when we were little? Mine was named Lightning Bolt, his was Thunder. Or maybe it was the other way around.

Hope you had a good weekend. I spent mine hiking and wandering around in the mountains. I'll send pictures.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment