Friday, May 22, 2009

Ryan in apple-ville

Hi Mom,

All the way from Buffalo, New York, it's Ryan! He's here on a spontaneous jaunt from the fair town where the snow never stops. It has been awhile, but we picked the conversation back up where we left off, whenever we last left it. He finally ate at Chef's, my favorite Buffalo dining spot, but thought it was only so-so. Bet he didn't order the spaghetti marinara, or he'd think differently.

I didn't ask Ryan if I could write an entire entry about him, so I guess I'll keep it short. Or change the subject halfway through. This is like writing someone a postcard where you apologize for having so little space and take it all up saying just that.

My favorite Ryan memory is when we went to Morocco and hung out in the desert. Today we went to Cafe Grumpy, which keeps winning best coffee in different magazines around town. All I can say is I found it first. Well, maybe not first, but close enough for me.

The coffee in the desert was better, but it's an awfully long trip.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment