Friday, May 15, 2009

Kicks

Hi Mom,

Found these shoes during lunch. They're pretty nifty looking, right? I thought briefly: I'd be the talk of the gym, the coolest kid on the streets, a real inspiration at work.

I decided to take a walk and think about whether I wanted to buy them or not. They're not the most practical pair, but they sure have the color scheme right. They'd match everything. I think they're Asics, I'll have to double check.

Must decide if I want them for walking, running, jogging. It's like being in the cereal aisle, the shampoo aisle, any other aisle that seems to have many options that are very similar. Do I have dry hair? Oily hair? Damaged hair? Aren't they all made of the same stuff? Do I like Cheerios or Team Cheerios or Frosted (the answer is frosted, I'm pretty sure).

Soojung's on a multiple-mile run today. Run, Soojung, run. I think that's what inspired me to shoe-shop. Not that I need a reason to shoe shop. Or maybe I have one. I can't just steal all of your shoes every time I come home.

Love,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Karen,

    Did you decide to buy the shoes? Coincidentally, last weekend I bought a pair of Asics! Mine look more like traditional sneakers. I did learn one thing, and that was that it's common to buy sneakers one size...or one and a half sizes larger than your regular shoe size.

    These look like your kind of shoes!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen,

    I just noticed the pictures you posted for Music Man, and your taxi entry! That is awesome.

    Love, Mom

    P.S. Still checking in on the line at the Shake Shack!

    ReplyDelete