Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Music Man

Hi Mom,

Today was a beautiful day in New York City. I had Shake Shack for lunch, which entails waiting about an hour in a discouragingly time-sucking line akin only to the wait for the Peter Pan ride at Disney World.

It gets so frustrating they actually have a camera on their website so you can check your ETA before you go. But their chocolate shakes are killer, and the burgers aren't bad either, so it's worth it, especially when it's sunny out. Line's shorter when it rains.

Then tonight I saw the dress rehearsal of the Music Man, which I haven't seen since everyone I know was in the pit orchestra for it in high school. Music hasn't changed, and it still ends the same. My friend Ally was in it. I haven't seen community theater in a long time, but it's always (usually) a good time.

Sat next to a girl who used to work as a stage manager for a circus. She lived in a trailer for a couple of years with ten other people as part of the gig. Maybe I should become a trapeeze artist. After all, they do have a trapeeze school here...

Love,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    I checked the Shake Shack webcam, and this looks like a good time to eat there! And it's probably one of the few times with a short wait.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only way to do it is to wait until it's pouring or just about to pour. Then you grab an umbrella and hope you've outsmarted them all. Usually you wind up soggy eating a soggy burger, but there's still a feeling of victory about it.

    ReplyDelete