Friday, May 15, 2009

Taxi!

Hi Mom,

Well, it's Friday already. Made it successfully (I think) through another glamorous week here in the city. Got rained on a bit, but I never much mind the rain. It just makes me feel like I'm in a movie.

Speaking of movies, I was headed to Times Square in a cab last night for an hour and twenty four minutes thanks to the confluence of events which included a) a movie being filmed b) construction and c) New York traffic.

There was less than one lane, and when I say less than one lane I am reminded of the time I tried to drive home for Thanksgiving and wound up sitting on Canal Street in front of the same McDonald's for over two hours. Where do all these people/cars/congestive situations come from?!

Told my cab driver how late I was running--big shock--and he told me that in 20 years of driving cabs, he has only seen it this bad three times. Great. I was only mildly inspired, but then he took pity on me and stopped the meter at 20 bucks. Nice guy. Love New York.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. An hour and twenty four minutes? How TOTALLY frustrating! Glad the cabbie didn't rip you off.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete