Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Blast from the Past

Hi Mom,

Guess who I found? She's from Jersey, went to Ealy, and sponge-painted her bedroom pink in fifth grade...that's right, Aliza. I found her out on this coast, living in Hoboken, knitting, dining and shopping with the best of 'em.

We had Korean for lunch today and caught up on life. A lot of life, actually, given that the last time we hung out was when I went to visit her at American during undergrad.

She had a lot to say about life on the East Coast versus life in Michigan. Funny thing is that after living in New York for four years, I think I do, too. It's only two hours away by plane but some parts of the culture are really different, from vacation spots (Up North versus the Hamptons) to how people think about big universities versus small liberal arts colleges.

Her parents live down here now, her brother moved to Israel, and Aliza, well, she's almost the same, but with less of an accent.

Love,
Karen

1 comment: