Thursday, August 13, 2009

Could have been me

Hi Mom,

Today I passed the Boston University tour. I heard them talking about the towers where the freshmen live, the cafeterias, city living and SAT scores. That was me TEN years ago. My brain tilted. 

I almost went to school here, remember? We came and visited right before decisions were due: I stayed over with a freshman host to check the place out, and then made my final decision with just moments to spare. My whole life would have been different if I'd come here.

I'd have been a city girl earlier on, with a journalism degree. I probably would have never gone to Columbia for my Master's, and might not have gone to Spain to research and write a thesis. Bonus, less debt. Bummer--I might not have ever lived in NYC?!? 

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    It's fun to conjecture about "what ifs," but it's always hard to really know how things might have turned out. You have always made thoughtful and good decisions, Karen...even as far back as elementary school!

    Thanks for writing.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete