Thursday, August 6, 2009

Lamb on a roll

Hi Mom,

The latest cart to join the fleet, the Bistro Truck, looked promising when it rolled up. My friend read about it in the Post, I had seen it on a few eating blogs, and well, it was caddy-corner from the pizza truck just down the block from where I work.

It has an ambitious menu, with lamb and rice and Belgian fries. The line wasn’t too bad—the sandwich cart, for example, takes longer, and they just make egg sandwiches (no offense, they make good egg sandwiches, just a different gig).

My friend had the lamb, called it overdone, said the fries were just fine but nothing worth writing home about. I opted for sushi instead, not from a cart. But that doesn’t mean I’m not willing to try anything once.

If I were really ambitious, I'd start following all eight of the carts in my office 'hood--cupcake, treats, pizza, sandwich, beverage, mexican, falafel and bistro on twitter, just so I'd know where to look for them when. For now, though, I'll just see when I pass them, and go to sedentary restaurants the rest of the time.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment