Friday, August 7, 2009

Red, red wine

Hi Mom,

When I say I’ll bring a bottle of wine somewhere, I mean I’m going to spend an hour in the wine store puzzling, and then bring the same Yellowtail Shiraz I take everywhere else. So when I saw a chalkboard advertising a tasting class at the wine store next to my office, I decided it made sense to drop in.

I figured they could enlighten me, enhance my knowledge base or…okay, they had gin and tonic water, but some neat wines to try too. I can’t tell you what I tasted or how it was that different from what I usually drink, but I know where it is on their shelves. Maybe it’s just a clever way of making sure I only go back there to buy my wine. I came from work and got there 45 minutes late, so for now I’ll assume the explanation happened before I arrived.

Or I could just start taking chocolate or flowers places instead.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    It sounds like a fun way to learn about wine. And the best thing about wine tasting is that by the end, it all tastes delicious, and you can hardly remember any of it the next day.

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete