Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Bubbles

Hi Mom,

Notice anything strange about this fountain at Copley Square? The bubbles it's filled with inexplicably, you say? I agree. On our way see to A Comedy of Errors in the park, Mike and I noticed a white fluffy patch hanging from a tree branch. Then another came floating towards us. We traced the source back to this entire fluff-stuffed fountain. The water underneath was slimy but the surface sure looked clean. People (including me) had their cameras out to witness the spectacle. We checked--it's allegedly not an everyday occurrence.

We pressed on, late, as sometimes happens in my world, and arrived at the lawn five minutes ahead of showtime. I bemoaned our most certain fate of either not being able to enter or having at best to sit miles from the stage. Then, the unthinkable happened...we put down our blanket not halfway back and settled in to watch the show. Acting was great and the rain held off mostly. Incredible.

Mike says things just aren't as crowded here. My jaw probably hit the empty space between our blanket and the next one. Apparently, in some places, people see Shakespeare in the Park without lining up days in advance, no camp-outs necessary.

As they used to say over the PA in middle school, "with something to think about," I'm Karen Schwartz.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment