Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Almost

Hi Mom,

Yesterday I saw a cupcake truck parked conspicuously three blocks from my office.

The treats truck is currently uptown, but a new pizza truck seems to have appeared, and I swear I saw a french roast truck two blocks down.

There's a kosher falafel truck and a pizza truck, and those are just the ones I pass while I look for lunch. Not to harp on the truck thing--I know I gave you the rundown a bit ago here-- but it really has been an explosion as of late.

The most recent of my truck-sightings was the sweets truck, which I researched just last night. I started thinking, I should try and freelance a piece on the truck-mania sweeping the city. So I started doodling around with a pitch, making lists of all the carts I'd seen and all the ways to follow them on Twitter (they all keep you up to date on where they are in real-time these days).

I woke up this morning and there it was -- a New York Times article on just that issue. So much for striking while the iron is hot. I guess I'll console myself with a cupcake. Or a brownie. And some pizza.

Love,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Best Taco truck in Oakland:

    http://www.yelp.com/biz/el-ojo-de-agua-oakland

    Their fish tacos are as good and cheap as it gets - plus cucumber, radish, and pickled jalapeno carrots to boot. Their mango fresco is divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's too bad too, Karen, because I just read the article, and yours would have been better.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete