Sunday, July 19, 2009

More noise, eat pesto

Hi Mom,

Another great outdoors weekend here in the city that still doesn’t realize summer has struck. I’m delighted to report that the weather has stayed cool and crisp, at least, relatively speaking. I spent Friday night listening to the NY Philharmonic, with fireworks that got rained out (but sent us scurrying to a tapas shop, so not all bad there). Central Park, check.

Saturday was a stroll in Central Park, then the African music festival at Prospect Park. To top it off, my friend made homemade pesto for the afternoon of sitting in the sun. The breeze was perfect.

Then, not to let Sunday slip, I played Scrabble in the park. Ben and Sara have the super deluxe anniversary edition, which has wheels, drawers, and click-slots for all the letters. It’s a pretty glamorous board, aside from the fact that the tiles are the wrong color (black, with silver writing) and the double/triple word boxes are also off.

Love,
Karen

2 comments:

  1. Karen,

    It sounds like a great weekend, Karen! I'm glad you were able to have fun, and enjoy the outdoors. I hope you had better luck at Scrabble than I've been having lately! Thanks for writing.

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, we finally made it onto the Follow Karen blog spot! For the record, we did not choose the colors for that edition of Scrabble (nor, indeed, that edition of Scrabble, though I do admit I find it enjoyable). Original scrabble is still available for tabletop gaming situations, though, when the clickiness is less necessary. Come play!

    ReplyDelete