Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Dancing shoes

Hi Mom,

So I'm walking by the water tonight and there, under a gazebo, down by Pier 54 are about 20 couples dancing. The women are wearing short-heeled dancing shoes, the men whirling them around in step. You'd have loved it. Even the weather was nearly perfect. I ate fish and chips under what would have been stars if not for all of the light pollution.

Across the way, people are camped out on the concrete watching Iron Man as part of movies on the pier. Somehow the majority of them have managed to arrive before I could have, making it nearly impossible to find a seat. "Seat" is a relative term anyway, since it's more or less just asking people to shove over on their little slabs.

New York is a high density kind of place. My plan is to outwit them all and find a spot I can see from.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment