Friday, July 10, 2009

Gym Karen

Hi Mom,

I'm trying to learn how to use the gym. Sounds obvious, I know. Should just be run on treadmill, lift weights, tada. Turns out there is an entire method to the gym thing--a circuit of machines and exercises that divvy-ed up the right way make for a stronger, better me. Should I fail to follow the circuit, however, I will be wasting time and my muscles will become too accustomed to the process. In short, my arms will continue to look like Olive Oyl's.

Lots of people took weight training in middle school and learned all of this. I took one semester of general gym. Got hit with a dodgeball a few times and ran laps.

I still don't have the patience to go sweat in a cinderblock box with other sweaty people whereby at the end of the day you have run miles without leaving a two foot-wide space. Maybe I should find an intermural dodgeball league instead.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    I know that it seems ironic to walk for miles on a treadmill, and still be in the exact same spot where you began..and all sweaty besides. Thinking about Olive Oyl ...she didn't really need a gym...she just needed to eat her spinach!

    Love,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete