Saturday, July 4, 2009

Vietnamese sandwiches

Hi Mom,

Since she got here from Cambodia, she has been a tried and true adventure buddy.

Soojung never blinked when I dropped a suitcase off at her house, stopped by to borrow her shower, or caught a nap on her “guest bed.”

She has been a partner in crime for midnight snacks, two a.m. dinners, and all night wanderings of the most New York sort. I don’t know how many artsy movies we’ve been the only people to think it’s a good idea to attend. Lots and lots of laughs. And good eats.

Her dad came and picked her up today—she’s headed home (back to Detroit) for greener pastures (no kidding) and less stinky streets. She left me her plastic shelving units, and a series of books that easily divide into those I will definitely read and those I would never read. I’ll hold it all for her until her (hopeful and summary) return.

This is the downside to living in a place people leave for other places. But on the bright side, almost everyone comes through New York again, somehow, sometime.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. I'm leaving a comment just for you! Thanks for the tribute.

    ReplyDelete