Monday, July 6, 2009

More sushi

Hi Mom,

Boy, this blog makes me look like a pig. But a happy and full one. Henry and I consumed an unreal amount of sushi today at Choshi, one of my favorite (reasonable) sushi places. We got the dragon roll, the spicy dragon roll, a zillion other rolls and then rolled out.

We hoofed it all the way down to St. Mark's Bookshop, a neat indie place in the East Village stuffed with rows of Chomsky and Che, in hopes of walking off some spicy sauce. I stared at their extensive, exotic travel section for way too long. I'm now thinking Peru for later this summer, perhaps an Inca trail if I can swing it. They throw all the countries at me at once in an overwhelming spread of Laos, Thailand, Argentina and Ireland. That's just to name a few. I'd still be gunning for Nepal if tickets didn't start at $1,495.

A lot of sushi, a walk through the city streets, and just the beginning of my night.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Mmmm! The sushi looks fabulous! St. Mark's reminds me of King books in Detroit...a real candy store for book lovers. Hope you enjoyed the rest of your New York adventures last night.

    Thanks for writing!

    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete