Sunday, June 7, 2009

Fresh Air

Hi Mom,

I have just solved one of my apartment's mega-mysteries. The motion-activated air freshener I bought, which I was convinced on multiple occasions I had moved to various other strategic locations throughout the apartment, kept showing up back on my dresser. I had entertained the possibility that I had dreamed the whole thing up, that I had never moved it at all. I had briefly considered whether the puffs of scent it emits could propel it somehow from various places back to its previous perch. Turns out, my roommate hates the darn thing and kept waiting for me to get the idea.

We both dissolved into peals of laughter as she explained how it had puffed her in the head from the ledge in the bathroom, made her hand stink all day when I had left it on the sink, and shot her in the face when it was atop the toaster. Each time she had placed it back in its dust ring on my dresser, wondering what kind of passive-aggressive odor-prevention program was in place around here.

I feel much less crazy now. I'll tell you, when you walk in, flip on the light and hear its telltale wheeze when the contraption's supposed to be 100 feet away and on the other side of the door...
well, it's strange. 

That was this morning's great discovery. Stay tuned and see what we think of next.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment