Thursday, June 25, 2009

NYC

Hi Mom,

I'm back. After almost two weeks out and about, I return to the smelly streets I've come to know and love.

I had a great last day in Chicago; Zac and I had breakfast at seven a.m. before the conference, tucked into a booth eating skillet fare. They don't really do skillets in New York that much: I'm trying to decide if it's a Chicago thing.

I reported a lot, met David to split an inordinate number of fantastic cupcakes from Swirlz, got to see Jeremy's swanky new apartment (complete with stainless steel-front appliances), and met up with Kay, who raced with me to the airport. I was shockingly on time, maybe even what some would call a touch early.

To top it off, I caught an earlier flight, got upgraded to an exit row free of charge, and sat next to a really neat lawyer from Jersey who wound up giving me a ride to the train station in his company car, saving me several dollars and multiple hours of my life.

Having arrived back at my apartment, I'm ordering buffalo wings and going to bed. Tomorrow it's back to the office...

Love,
Karen

3 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,

    Sounds like a whirlwind full of great friends, great food, and great adventures. I hope that Monica likes living in Chicago. What city with food in a skillet and the Cheesecake Factory wouldn't be great? I clicked on the link to Swirlz, and it looks like a site that should definitely be checked out only on a full stomach. Glad to hear that your trip back went smoothly. Thanks for the update! :) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. karen, I don't want to read about you visiting Chicago. It just makes me jealous.

    ReplyDelete