Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Lups!

Hi Mom,

Another crazy day of wandering the conference hall floor, meeting interesting people and trying to find out their companies' stories. I meant to get up early and see the lake, which Zac lives a block and a half from, but that of course didn't happen. Rather, I was happily snoring away in his extra bedroom when he left at six a.m. for spin class.

He was nice enough to call to rouse me from my slumber on his way back from the gym, meaning I actually got to the conference with time to spare. I hit up the press room for a tall cup of coffee--they usually know its best to feed the press at these kinds of things--and get to my first meeting.

Tonight we amassed a great group of people for Italian food. Monica was among them. She works in Chicago now for the botanic gardens doing event planning. Catching up was excellent. Then we all went for a drink at a nearby bar. They were all trying to get me to stay for the weekend. Another time. I'll be back. Chicago's that kind of place.

With most of Michigan residing somewhere between Lincoln Park, Lakeview and Rogers Park, I always kind of wonder if I'll wind up living there at some point. For now I'm pretty happy where I am.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment