Friday, June 19, 2009

Friendly skies

Hi Mom,

Wound up flying through Las Vegas. I had fallen asleep on the plane and awoke very surprised, as it were, to find myself at that particular juncture. The airport is full of slot machines and smells like Vegas--it's a very distinct smell, though I can't exactly describe it.

I tried to get on an earlier flight. The excitement mounting (I had started the day in San Francisc0), I waited by the gate. It didn't happen. So I waited some more. Funny how waiting for your normal flight feels so much more disappointing after you thought you had a chance at getting on an earlier one.

I used free internet, checked the car rental, ate an omlette at California Pizza kitchen (outsmarting the Johnny Rockets look-alike serving much worse looking food at the very same prices), and was on my way. I slept almost the entire flight, woke up briefly to see red rocks out my window, and made my way into the sunlight.

Love,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment