Sunday, June 7, 2009

Hey there, Mac

Hi Mom,

Just came in from the 24-hour Apple store, the big glass one with the Willy Wonka-style elevator. It must take vats of Windex to keep the thing clean but they always manage to make it look easy.

I think you should buy a MacBook. I was staring at them for awhile earlier and I think you'd like the portability and style. They come in shiny colors. The only real dilemma would be if you aspired to move things between a Mac and a PC. Or if you decided to use specific software that is still only made for PCs. Development is slow sometimes because most things go PC first, except some design software, I think.

In related news, on a whim I decided I should buy a business school book. Don't fall over. It was just to keep my options open, see if I still have a passion for standardized tests, all the usual reasons. I picked up a Kaplan GMAT book for thirty-odd dollars and as the CD started whirring realized it was only for the PC. So much for that study aid. Since I had already opened the CD (you have to in order to put it in the computer and all) they won't take it back at Barnes & Noble. So what I need now is to find someone with a PC who plans to take the test and needs a book. Doh!

Maybe it's a sign--people with Macs shouldn't go to business school. Or people named Karen. Also saw Up tonight. Very cute. I recommend.

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. Hi Karen,

    I think it's a great idea that you check out the GMAT, and I'm sure you'll find a big selection of review CDs for a Mac. It must have been really frustrating when you found out about the CD.
    Up is on my list of movies to see, and I'm glad you enjoyed it. It looks like a movie that would be fun.
    I'm still considering a Mac, but was thinking that all I might need is one of those little computers for email and internet. I guess I have to decide what I really want to use it for.
    That's a pretty amazing looking Apple Store--maybe I'll check it out this summer.
    One thing for sure...I won't need the all night hours!
    Thanks for writing.
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete