Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Calls for a glass of milk

Hi Mom,

I have made a recent and unfortunate discovery--the Treats Truck comes to rest within five blocks of my office on a routine basis, bringing cookies, brownies with jam, rice krispie squares and other manner of dangerous, diet-obstructing goodness to a corner near me. 

The treats are only a couple bucks each, making it super-easy on a dreary (insert day here) afternoon to look up from one's desk and exclaim gleefully "TREATS TRUCK!" before heading out like the pied piper with ten people and twenty dollars worth of requests from individuals still glued to their seats.

I usually let the lady pick my treat for me. I know that's not the way it's supposed to be but somehow I just get overwhelmed by the sugary possibilities. When I'm feeling even more concrete I'll just go to City Bakery and get a buttery chocolate chip cookie because there's no decision to be made there. They hands down make a great chocolate chip cookie and also marvelous hot chocolate, which you can only drink in tiny cups because it's so rich and thick. 

The Truck lists its destinations on its website and sometimes we get so desperate we even have a countdown going until the truck arrives. Today we even went in the rain. This lady has no idea how addictive the treats are. Or maybe she does, and that's how she makes her living.

Send me the cowboy cookie recipe and save me from myself. :)

Love,
Karen

1 comment:

  1. You should come to Philly for our tiny hot chocolates via Naked Chocolate www.nakedchocolatecafe.com!

    ReplyDelete