Tuesday, June 16, 2009

To the ready

Hi Mom,

This is what a conference center floor looks like before they set up all the booths. Tomorrow it will be full of companies and people and homebuilding products. I will be wandering around it.

The conference is smaller than last year, notably so, but should still be spunkily attended. I know what markets to buy in and where the smartest places to live are now! Maybe I should start flipping houses or buy a building or something. I think it'd be great to be in real estate--my favorites are the architects, the way they talk about building communities and the ways people use public spaces and such. They have entire lexicons for how people conceive of and talk about the concept of home, what they want out of their living areas and how to make the most out of foot traffic on neighborhood streets.

Talked to a guy this morning all about it. If I could draw, I think that's what I'd do.

Wearing comfy shoes, nametag around my neck. Happy travels.

Love,
Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment