Monday, June 22, 2009

Monday

Hi Mom,

Strange parking signs in Chicago. I stared at this one for about ten minutes, trying to figure out if it was actually legal to park there or not. Usually signage is pretty valuable in determining where to put a car, but this time, well, not really.

I'm happy to have landed in the last city on my tour, though I've really enjoyed coming back across the US one little hop at a time. I've almost got the airport security timing down so I can get my things off the conveyer belt before they get all jammed up at the end. I remain immensly glad I decided to do this trip with a carry-on and a hanging bag as opposed to something larger, or I'd be spending my life at baggage claim. I've also been able to take a shot at switching flights around more--the first question they ask is if you have bags checked. Gleefully negatory on that one. Today was the first day of the conference. Now I'm going to eat sushi.

Love,
Karen



No comments:

Post a Comment